Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Karmichael the traitor - Chelsie Webster

I’m sure you’ve heard the tragic news. Karmichael is leaving. He is betraying his club, and his fans by switching to AFL for the new Gold Coast team in May 2010, after a season of Rugby Union - a massive blow to not only myself, possibly his biggest fan, but to an already suffering side and if not already suffering football code.
Who cares you may say? Well you should care; AFL selectors are targeting your team’s star players right now. But the big question is, can an NRL player cut it in AFL? I am no expert on AFL; in fact I can’t stand the game. It’s a mess of players running for a ball with no evident structure at all. However, what I do know is an AFL midfielder can run up to 15 kilometres per game, and Karmichael Hunt certainly doesn’t have the fitness for that. Sure, he could probably do an alright job on the flanks, but will his mysterious constant cramping tolerate all that extra effort required per game?
So why would Karmichael want to leave his beloved Brisbane Broncos? In media releases he has stated "If I had to leave Brisbane then I preferred to change codes rather than change teams as I did not want to play against the Brisbane Broncos," and that he wants to continue playing sport at the highest level whilst remaining in Queensland. So a $3.3 million contract over 3 years had no affect on your decision, Karmichael?

No comments:

Post a Comment