Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Five blogs... by Casey Macpherson

One week ago, I was forced into acknowledging the world of blogging, something that until now I was happy to ignore. Devoting my focus to the things going on around me rather than that of someone with too much spare time and no writing abilities what so ever. But then I looked around and to my amazement found there is a lot more to the world of blogging than sad lonely souls who think their lives are interesting. There are blogs about everything you could imagine, and some of them are rather helpful, semi interesting, and even intelligent. What a shock.
http://www.kingblind.com/
Kingblind is apparently a very popular blog, completely about music, arts and entertainment. It is filled with album reviews, band tour updates and gossip and opinion pieces on bands and all other creative sorts of entertainment. With posts having titles like ‘Radiohead's Thom Yorke writes song for 'Twilight' sequel’, it is kept straight to the point and easy to decide what you’re interested in reading and what you’re not. It’s my kind of blog site, and from what I’ve heard from blog review sites it appeals to a wide range of bloggers.
http://dear_raed.blogspot.com/
This blog drew me in as soon as it was one I had heard about, possibly the only blog I had ever heard about. It is the blog of Salam Pax an anonymous blogger, living in Baghdad, Iraq. His blogging became well known during the heat of the war on terror, as he was telling the story of his everyday life, living in the middle of the war. I found this blog something I could easily become addicted to, he talks of things with depth and meaning in a witty and understandable way, which really allows the reader to relate.
http://www.shauny.org/pussycat/
The blog of a 25 year old Australian woman, living in Scotland, writing about what ever random thing she feels for one day. One blog post I read was ‘Dream Job’ merely her talking about how she would love to be the person who chops up makeup for magazine ads. The topic was dull and I couldn’t take a lot of it, but she has an entertaining and quirky way of writing. It was light and entertaining but not something I’d crave to read again.
http://loobylu.com/
Loubylou – By Claire Robertson. This blog is one of those based upon someone’s life, the kids, the job and what not. She is into crafty things however, something that could be very appealing to someone with similar interests, age and kids maybe. To me however it sucked.
http://you.dontquestion.me/
You don’t question me- Loubylou’s husband. This was blog is from a different angle, he posts photo’s of unusual funny signs he has seen or art works that have made him think, he writes no more than a line about them and keeps and short and simple, something you can just skim over and enjoy. Leading you to have a chuckle, or put you in a contemplative mood.
Even though I found this wide range of blogs, that I enjoyed none the less. I’m still not convinced blogging is all that great, after all I sourced these from ‘smh.com.au’ list of the world’s best blogs and I still managed to find things not that great, I’d hate to see a list of the most terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment